Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Lion Hunt 1861







This is Delacroix's more lose or expressive works, This was done later in his life and you can tell how much his paintings have changed.




Although Eugene is still a romantic at heart I mean look at it! its about hunting lions! normally people don't do that everyday.




One of my favorite things I have read or about Delacroix was when someone mentioned "...Delacroix concern with rapid execution rebles him to the impressionist . There is the important difference however that Delacroix required speed in order to preserve the vitality of his imagination where as Impressionist worked rapidly in order to record natures shift of color." Now that is the coolest thing I ever heard! Its not that Delacroix needs the lighting no, no, its all in his head


I like tend to like the more expressive period anyways not everyone is concerned about accuracy we already know Delacroix can make a perfect nude and figures. This gives it more drama and well expression. I love the sky and the lions everything just matches and flows together fairly well.


I tend to like Eugene's later works I don't know if its the lose strokes or if its the color. I wish all of his works looked like this


but as one of my favorite lions says




you can't change the past


or it was something like that
















Well unless you got one of these...






to be continued ...

No comments:

Post a Comment